Monday, October 24, 2011

Fairness

Let's just get this out of the way:  Life is NOT fair.  And my kids are learning that among other things.  It is not fair that Aubrey had open heart surgery at 4 months old, and it isn't fair that they get dragged along for lots of appointments sometimes.  But they are learning, that life isn't fair.  And while sometimes it feels like a lot of our schedule revolves around Aubrey and her schedule and needs...Monday's are not about her....they are reserved for someone else.

Monday's are for Ella's ballet!
(Ella is on the far left in the long sleeves)
And if you aren't Ella, then your place is in the hall....or doorway if they leave the door open and you don't distract the class.
My little girl, watched carefully and took it all in.  I could see the wheels turning in her head as she watched and I have no doubt that one of these days....we'll see her moves too.  They're coming, but in their own time:)
If you know Ella, she is NOT shy.  She will and DOES talk to anyone and everyone.  But at ballet....she is shy and quiet and nervous.  I don't know why except that I have to talk her nerves down every single class.  It is foreign to us that she is so nervous about this.  
Ballet is hard work for her.  And I have to reminder her that all things take hard work and practice and very few things will come easy.  But if she loves it, she will succeed and if she tries, that is ALL that matters.  My girl loves ballet and tries hard and she is getting better week by week.
She is a good listener (shocking, I know:).  She watches carefully and only when confident, does she display that she can do it.
And sometimes, when she's feeling confident and good about herself, she lets herself get silly and loosen up and enjoy that grin in the mirrors!

And that little spectator, who spent on HOUR sitting in the doorway....
Was having a hard time just watching.  She kept scooting a little further in, but was always mindful when I reminded her ONLY in the doorway.  And she would flip her legs out behind her, and slide herself out and start her scoot all over again.
Watching is HARD work!
Life isn't fair and it is hard work and one needs to be patient, but the rewards....are tremendously wonderful when they finally do come.  (especially covered in orange glitter:)


2 comments:

  1. MAN is she cute! And that first picture of Aubrey looks like she's saying "Okay, I can do that. I can SO do that. How do I get in there???" SHE'LL be cute, too- I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with this and I know my daughter feels left out a lot. I would love to put her in a class like this but there isn't any in our area. Love the pictures and Aubrey is adorable minding her Mama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...we love to know you were here!