Monday, October 29, 2012

Life...

I wonder sometimes, if she knows how much she has to work for things.  I wonder if she realizes how easy things are for others.  Does she notice that Emelia is doing some of the same things as her....but with ease.  I wonder if she knows, but doesn't care.
{she worked so hard to get that chair in the kitchen, over to the fridge and climb up....all to realize, she still wasn't strong enough to open the doors}
She faces more obstacles than most people.  She works harder than most people and she succeeds at what she works for.  But she faces disappointment and frustration.  That's part of life for her.  

But I think that people who face challenges and obstacles and frustrations and a tough road, but overcome them, are better people for it.  What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right?  

We think you're the best Aubrey and we are so proud of you!

*for the record, yes, she is wearing underwear, no she is not potty trained.  it happened to be a day that I was eager to get it done and just do it....after we went through an entire pack of panties in an hour, and I cleaned up all those puddles....I gave up...*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. My daughter was diagnosed with diabetes last month, and while I understand that they are very different, they both have obstacles they will face. Aubrey is an amazing little girl and she is going to show the world how amazing she is and I am sure she is going to be very creative in some of her answers to difficulties. Keep on thriving little one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...we love to know you were here!