Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Growth - Day 29

I can't express how proud I am of this girl.  She has made tremendous strides in the last 6 months, and is thriving in school and in life.  Part of that is maybe that she has hit her stride, but we have also been doing something to assist her in being her best person....we've started using essential oils, and I wanted to share a little bit here about that.  I'm not trying to "fix" or "change" her Down syndrome, but I want her to thrive and be at her best and be healthy and active and eager to learn and engage in life.  We have seen such positive results in our whole family and I want to share that, because it has made a big difference for us.
Last March, this girl was super sick.  The sickest we had ever seen her.  I had a friend text me about trying something "a little different" to help her feel better.  Sure, why not!  We've just about exhausted everything else here at the hospital.  So she brought me two oils....and it changed our lives.  This was the FIRST hospital stay that we have left without the use of oxygen at home, AND they weened her off 2 liters of oxygen in ONE day!  (that would have taken at least a week before)

That is when I NEEDED to learn more and wanted to learn more.  I did a bit of research and talked with friends and decided on Young Living Essential Oils for our family and Aubrey was my main reason.  I dug into the research on respiratory oils and staying healthy oils.  And I'm always looking into learning more about these oils that have helped her so much and continue to help.

We have a daily routine of oils that we use (think about taking a multi vitamin every day).  I line them up and apply a drop of this and that to her while she gets ready in the morning and off she goes.  And then I have a stash that we use when she is sick or if we are treating something.
Before oils, Aubrey was NOT social at school and after three years there, it was becoming a very big concern with Kindergarten on the horizon.  But she is social now and she has lots of friends and she talks about them at home.  She asks to go to their house to play!  And she has this friend that she apparently does fist bumps with in the morning at her locker!  It has been amazing to see her grow friendships and blossom.
 It used to take a lot of crying and bribery to get her to do any homework or projects for school and now, she actually carries her back pack in from the car, hangs it up, gets out her folder and does her homework!  And when there isn't any homework, she asks for some.  She is writing letters and making people.  Before we could barely get a circle out of her and now her people have bodies and legs!  She has taken off with her learning and it is so exciting to see.
We've been able to keep her healthy!!!  She had one little cold this summer that we took care of naturally, with our oils, and I'm finally getting super comfortable with using them and not freaking out when she has a little cough or sniffle. 
She is getting super active in her life.  She used to spend her afternoons laying around (super tired) and asking for the same show OVER and OVER and OVER.  Now she sets up the tea set, gets her baby out and plays, or asks to help in the kitchen.  I don't have to occupy her time.  She is able to do that herself.
She's giddy in the morning:)  And more verbal.  And I love when she whispers in my ear that she loves me, instead of just jibberish:)

These oils have been such a blessing to us.  I could go on and on with testimonies about how these oils have been so helpful to us.  It has been a way to enhance her life and her health in a very natural way.  So glad that we are able to help this girl be the best that she can be!

(some of the oils we use daily: Thieves, RC, Magnify Your Purpose, Vetiver, Citronella, Lavender)

*If you have questions about using Young Living Essential Oils to enhance your life, helping your kids focus or have more confidence, keep you healthy or help ease sickness and pain, I would love to share my experience with you.  Just send me an email or message.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by...we love to know you were here!