Friday, October 14, 2011

Homework....

Note home from school today:

They will be studying community helpers for next two weeks.  At end of study, they are to come dress up as the person they want to be when they grow up (police man, fireman, artist, ect) and talk about it in class.
 Obviously Aubrey can't tell us what she wants to be when she grows up, nor "tell" her classmates.  We'll come up with something though I'm sure and a little note to the teacher.  No big deal.
 But it got me thinking....sometimes we lay awake talking about what the girls will be someday.  On a particularly crafty day, we wonder if they will be artists...and on days when they are so excited about science, we wonder if they will become rocket scientists or zoologists, or musicians, or business women or lawyers or doctors or teachers or ballerinas....the lists are long.  And we laugh histarically to think about their futures and where they will end up someday.
 She's three and if we are really being serious, who really knows what they want to be at that age....but I sometimes wonder more about her than the others.  I'm very open minded.  I don't really care what she does in this life as long as she works hard and honestly and does what she loves and enjoys.  I want her to be proud of her work...I want this for ALL my girls.  But I wonder what she will be able to do....where will she live...and who will she become.
I have high hopes and dreams for her.  I hope that she will be able to go to college and get a job and move out and maybe even get married.  It's the dream I have for all my girls (especially the move out part:).  But with Aubrey, there is always a little bit of worry too....maybe there always will be a little extra worry because of that little extra chromosome...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by...we love to know you were here!